wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I was diagnosed with collagenous colitis a few months ago

I was diagnosed with collagenous colitis a few months ago but I’m concerned it’s more serious and my GP doesn’t seem to take me serious. My stool has become much lighter recently. A very light coloured browny yellow like sand. It’s slightly thinner and is often soft and fluffy I’m not digesting food as well anymore.
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes. I’m taking budesonoid an anti inflammatory for my colon
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Originally there was some blood in my stool. I’ve started Eating gluten free which has caused my stools to firm up abit but they’re still thin and light coloured
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: My health seems fine - often tired earlier but I’m in no real pain. Stress and worried a lot though
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have photos to show if you agree to look
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m scared I have cancer that is spreading
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pic
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It’s often mucussy and oily too
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My symptoms started in January

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and ask your GP to refer you to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I really don’t know what to do - I’ve been on a waiting list to see a specialist for months. I don’t want to die. I’m getting nowhere
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is my stool colour concerning?

No. There is nothing in the color of your stool that helps to make a diagnosis or is of concern.
I hope you can get in for your consultation in the near future.

It seems like you are on the right track...even if the NHS train is moving a bit slow :(

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know you can’t tell me for sure but a stool of that colour can be considered normal?

Yes. That is well within the range of a normal color for human stool.

No need to worry.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your time. You have settled my nerves slightly. I will keep on with the specialists