DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I had xray 2 weeks ago & showing a growth on leg and

I had xray 2 weeks ago & showing a growth on leg and fragments of bone can be seen and today i've had ultrasound, the person performing ultrasound said I have a mass of fat tissue, is this something to be concerned about.and would a biopsy be required.
Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had operation on the same leg at the age of 14 and they also probed along my scar tissue and she pointed out I also have a growth on bone. Very confused, because they took a loose bone out that was causing my knee to lock and swell

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Ultrasound is good for soft tissue scan so diagnosis of fat tissue giving rise to swelling may be correct. X ray showing fragmented bone might mean the mass is arising from bone and has caused cracking up of leg bone. Knee joint will be locked by some loose fragment inside knee joint and so if still giving problem the mass might have again caused loose fragment.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, the reason why GP requested x-ray was because I noticed a lump on leg and then I'm told I have a high risk of fracture but that didnt stop me climbing three mountains the following day.
My initial thought is Lipoma because of the fatty tissue. I am physically fit and the perfect weight and eat healthily, so taken aback by the "Fatty tissue"

If mass is not bothering and remains static, really no fracture risk. May need no operation or biopsy.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome and please rate positively.

DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience: MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns