Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I recently pulled a muscle I think in my chest area. It was

Hi, I recently pulled a muscle I think in my chest area. It was getting better, but now a few days later its feeling a little tight and a bit tickely. I am extra concerned because I am going in holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks abroad
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I'd say just over a week, after a gym session. Overall been ok though
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm a 21 year old Male. Had asthma as a child, not had many issues recently. And I do smoke a vape

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok cool

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Pulled chest muscles can sometimes linger on like this. So I would suggest you to use over the counter available tablet Aleve 500 mg twice daily for 5 to 7 days and massage the area with Bengay gel twice daily for 2 weeks. I reassure you that you are going to be alright. If you are worried about anything serious internally, I reassure you that serious internal issues never presents with pain like this. Especially this is not how heart pain presents and especially not at your age. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you very much, I will get a hold of that now. One last question is do you think I will manage on a holiday which involves a fair bit of travelling around but nothing too vigorous

You are most welcome. Yes, I am sure that you will feel a lot better soon and will not get any problem while traveling. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards