Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've just been to my GP, with my concerns about my uterus

hi, i've just been to my GP, with my concerns about my uterus and very severe painful period pains, and uterus pain when im not even on my period. i thought i will get reffered to gynecologist, but i wasnt
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: i am in constant pain when not even on my period. my mom had endometriosis, now im experiencing same symptoms. iwant to get it checked, but my gp was very ignorant about it
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing else exept my moms endometriosis.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I agree with you if you have severe period pains along with cramping in between then you need to get a thorough evaluation plus you have a family history of endometriosis. You would need a hormone panel and ultrasound along with examination. I would suggest seeing a gynecologist on a private basis or see another GP for referral. Walk-in clinic is an option as well.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!