Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a spot or growth on my neck I'm worried about

Hi there I have a spot or growth on my neck I'm worried about
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: About a month and no numbness or tingling
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Eczema

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Could you please post a picture of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have attached a photo

Got it--hold on please

Of course I can only go by your picture but that looks like a benign acanthotic keratosis/intradermal nevus

Doesn't look like a melanoma or another kind of skin cancer

You need to have your doctor look at this and it can easily be removed by a dermatologist with liquid nitrogen freezing

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay I'm glad that is cleared up for me. I have a doctors appointment however I'm on holiday soon so it's a long wait. I was worried it was cancerous what can I do to help or try to not do in the meantime?

No problem in the delay seeing your doctor

But there really isn't anything you need to do for this or not do until you see him

Please remember to rate my service to you