Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had a wisdom tooth extracted on 2nd July. Initially I had

I had a wisdom tooth extracted on 2nd July. Initially I had a dry socket and infection but this has all cleared up now and apart from a little tenderness it’s settling down now. However I have noticed a blister forming in the socket over the last few days. It’s not painful but I wonder whether it’s anything to worry about of simply part of the healing process?
Assistant: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Could you please post a picture of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It’s tricky getting a good picture but hopefully this will suffice. The blister is the orange coloured lump inside the cavity.

Got it--hold on please

Nothing at all serious there

It's actually a little edema in the socket and that's part of the healing process

There's no infection there

So this will be fine in a few days

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please remember to rate my service to you