How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11380
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now

I have a lump on my wrist that is painful and effects

This answer was rated:

I have a lump on my wrist that is painful and effects movement
Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Nearly 2 months now and hard
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I’m aware off

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Can you share a picture of that lump?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Please wait, I am typing an answer.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is a ganglion. It develops around the muscle-tendon and that's why it causes pain on movement. Mostly it's treatment is just to keep it under observation but as it is causing pain and restricting your movements, you should see your doctor who can easily remove it in his office under local anesthesia. Once removed, you will be alright immediately. I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Dr. Hasan and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

I would like to add that for the current pain, you can take over the counter available tablet Aleve 500 mg twice daily for few days.