wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Ive been getting dark patches and skin discoloration on my

Hello. Ive been getting dark patches and skin discoloration on my chin area. I noticed it 6 months ago and its getting darker. At times its itchy and dry
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: 6 months. No not really
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: The dryness is gone No

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How old are you?

m/f?

what is your base skin tone color?

Can you upload some pictures of the area?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Im 19
Female
Brown skin colour
I take lymecycline for acne
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Image
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Imagee

Got it.

That is not something that you are going to be able to deal with on your own at home.

I suggest you see a dermatologist for a full exam and possibly some specialized testing such as a biopsy.

The good news?

This is NOT any sort of cancer or horrible thing....just needs professional attention to you can get your skin tone back to normal.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would my skin eventually go back to normal without seeing dermatologist as getting an appointment with dermatologist takes a good few months

That all depends on the underlying pathology......

Given that this has been present for 6 months and is getting worse, I doubt it will just get better on its own :(

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS