wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have been taking phenelzine for many years with a

Customer Question

I have been taking phenelzine for many years with a successful outcome. I would now like to withdraw from it and wonder if you can suggest a strategy. I realise it could take several months but think it would be worth it. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Why do you want to stop taking the medication?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I recently hada serious accident where I broke my neck. When I advised the hospital I was taking phenelzine they realised that I couldn't be given morphine for pain. Even now, 6 tMt's later, my GP is still struggling to find a painkiller that works for me. I'm currently on propranolol but it has undesirable side effects for me so any suggestions as to an appropriate painkiller would be useful. You will see that this all stems from the phenelzine.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

The best thing for you to do, given your complex situation, would to have your GP refer you to pain management specialist. They are the most experienced and well trained doctors to come up with a solution for your problem and get you feeling better.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS