Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I got diagnosed with an ear infection a week ago and was

Hello. I got diagnosed with an ear infection a week ago and was given antibiotics. On Friday I stopped taking them as I started to get a itchy red skin rash. On Saturday evening I started violently throwing up for 48 hours and I’ve got horrible stomach cramps all the time. I’ve tried going to the toilet but it hurts and mucus and blood are visible. What should I do? I’m not near my own doctors.
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: 4 days. The only thing that stops me hurting is going to sleep.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip

While this might be a viral gastroenteritis, with the blood in your stool and the cramps it well could be bacterial

For now all I can suggest is oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass if water twice a day and plenty of juices and Gatorade and some PeptoBismol

But if this doesn't settle down in the next two days you'll need to see a doctor for an evaluation to see if you need a different course of antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information