Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I’ve been struggling with anaemia lately, as I’ve been

Hello, I’ve been struggling with anaemia lately, as I’ve been diagnosed with the stigma of Thalassaemia. It was my mistake that I’ve left it for that long but lately I’ve been having breathlessness , some panic attacks because of that, restlessness and ringing in my ears. I did a blood test and my ferritin levels were 8,2 , which is very low. I started taking supplements which have helped me with the shortness of breath I had but sometimes I get anxious thinking about my aneamia, as some symptoms still linger (such as ringing in my ears). What can I do for that? How long do supplements take to work?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I’ve answered below
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes, that I’m on the combined contraceptive pill .
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Hello and welcome to JA. There is no stigma associated with thalasemmia. It s genetic isorder. Generally it does not help to take iron replacement as hemoglobin eve las are usually in the 10s. It sounds like you also have iron deficiency. Taking iron will improve your symptoms but may take about 3 months. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please reply with any questions you may have. Thank you for coming to Just Answer for help.