Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I've had previous ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage.

I've had previous ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage. According to my LMP I should be 6 weeks but at scan they can only see a 9mm gestational sac and yolk sac, no fetal pole and are measuring me at 4-5weeks. Is this a bad sign?
Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, other that previous ectopic and miscarriage,

Hello and welcome.

It might be a bad sign, but it also might just mean that your dates are a little off.

Since there is a sac and yolk sac, at least you know it's not another ectopic. A repeat ultrasound in 1 week will tell you if everything is normal or not. I suspect that it will be normal with a fetal pole and heartbeat. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is this quite common then?

It's very common. If the dates are just a few days off, there will be no fetal pole. then it shows up the next week.

Thank you for your payment and rating.