How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 63603
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

If someone has paruresis, should they consult a neurologist?

This answer was rated:

If someone has paruresis, should they consult a neurologist?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Lomotrigine 200 mg / day, Sulpiride 1600 mg / day
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I think paruresis was a root cause for all the things that life has thrown at me. My health has been affected over time.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

No I would see a psychiatrist

a neurologist won't be able to help

or maybe a psychologist that specializes in situation phobias

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ve seen psychiatry / psychology - they are aware of my issues

a neurologist might be able to help then

it is worth a try

Dr. Phil, MD and 6 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK - thanks for your reply. Good night.

welcome :)