Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am currently on holiday in Thailand ,I take 160mg

Hi I am currently on holiday in Thailand ,I take 160mg propranolol slow release 2x a day I have ran out off tablets ,over here they have only got fast acting tablets can I still take the equivalent
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes and they said they don't do slow release in Thailand
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take it for panic attacks
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Been take same dose for over 10 years,all I need to know is it safe to take fast acting tablets rather than slow release

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Yes, it is fine to take the equivalent of the immediate release. You would want to keep the total daily dose the same, 320 mg, but take a smaller dose 4 times per day. So, 80 mg four times per day would be equivalent and would be fine to take.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.