Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Just over two weeks ago I had a viral infection. Which give

Just over two weeks ago I had a viral infection . Which give me chest pain and dry throat etc . I took tramadol and ibuprofen over that period . But every few days I’m getting a really brning sensation over my chest and ling area. My throat gone dry again and it kept on waking me up last night no being able to sleep ? .
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I’ve had for over a week I get sharp lilttle pains now and then all over my body in different areas .what do u mean as in fever ?
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Father had major heart attack age 40 and died . his father had the same at 50 .

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you

When you say over the chest, do you mean in the middle of the chest?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Well on the inside all over hard to describe really . Burning sensation down my sides and starting to get a dry soar throat again.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Cannot afford it
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello ?

I am here. Don't worry, we will stay on the chat.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay ?

Please wait, I am typing an answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Basically the pain I’m getting is a really intense burning pain like as if it’s acid . My throat my stomach and every think connecting to it feels burning . The signs looks towards two things I think which could be (gerd) or something with anet... ! Something .

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is due to acid reflux. Taking Ibuprofen causes irritation of the stomach and causes this burning sensation. I would suggest you to start with over the counter available capsule Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily for 2 weeks and hopefully, you are going to be alright. Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, and spicy foods. Don't worry, I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Haven’t taken ibuprofen or tramadol for over a 8 days

Yes but once the damage occurs, it continues till you treat it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay so would this sitiuation wake me up at night and not let me sleep ? . And also in the last few days I had a numb spot in my left foot just before my toes , the 2 next to the big toe , Is this part of it ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My stomach feels a lot burnish to day . And first time last night i brought up burning stuff to the back of my throat ?.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello , Dr hasan you there ?

The numb spot is not related to your chest feeling. The numb toe is likely to be due to nerve compression.

You should take syrup Gaviscon 2 tablespoons thrice daily for 3 days and Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily for 2 weeks and you will see a lot of improvement.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank your for your advice . Will give this a try we’re do I rate and hopefully if improved in 2 weeks will be back for a reward . Thank you �� for your time ! Speak soon

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards