Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have recently had a liver function test- all results

I have recently had a liver function test- all results normal except Albumin was slightly realised- I wondered if this is a cause for concern?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven’t seen a doctor yet. Just ventolin and Becotide Inhalors
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If it is slightly raised then no worries as it can occur in acute infections or stress or surgery even. Normal levels of other parameters are reassuring so no worries and you can repeat the albumin levels in 3 months for further reassurance.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks for your response. I had Albumin done back in February and it was 45, the test last week was 59. I haven’t had any surgery etc so I wondered if you might be able to advise me of what could be the cause of the sudden rise? Thank you!

Thanks for the reply.

It is slightly raised and can be due to an infection and sometimes just a viral infection like common cold or gastroenteritis can raise this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks for your help! Best wishes, Kathryn

My pleasure.