Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had stomach discomfort for a couple of weeks now.

I have had stomach discomfort for a couple of weeks now. Feels like I have a rock in my stomach that doesn’t go away. Not really painful, just uncomfortable, feels a little like bloating.
Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: About two weeks and I’m feeling ok really
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had some reflux investigated a couple of years ago with an endoscopy but it was clear.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Can you give me a full description of this please--a rock in your stomach is a bit vague?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Agreed! But it’s a little difficult to describe. It feels like my stomach is full even after not eating for a while.

Any burping or indigestion?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not burping but it feels slightly like constant indigestion.

I think you may have developed an H pylori bacterial stomach infection

Nothing too serious

For now I suggest oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day and daily Nexium or Prilosec

But if that doesn't resolve this after a week you need to see your doctor for a stool screen for H pylori to see if you need a course of oral antibiotics to clear that

Please let me know if you need any more information