Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Scared incase I have anal or bowel cancer Can you please

Scared incase I have anal or bowel cancer
Can you please help .

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

what makes you believe you have bowel or anal cancer?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Last year , I kept feeling fullness in my rectum, and I had a little bleeding my Gp done a rectal examation . And said it an internal pile.When I have a bowel movement it always little pebbles.
I’m to scared to have a colonoscopy , I refused .I’m just scared incase I have bowel cancer or anal cancer .

If you are afraid that you have bowel or anal cancer doesn't it seem a bit unproductive for you to refuse a colonoscopy -- the one test that can put all your concerns to rest?

So. What should you do?

Get a colonoscopy!

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Do you think it is cancer ?
Even my GP said it’s a internal pileI suffer with bad health anxiety

From what you have posted it is just what your GP said it is: internal piles.

But a colonoscopy will tell you exactly what they are.

Perhaps if you get help with your anxiety you can get a colonoscopy to help with your anxiety over the bowel cancer.

If not, then you are only spinning around in a never ending circle of fear....not a fun place to be.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I saw two different GPs and they both did a rectal examation.
And both said , it’s a internal pile .I’m just so scared
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
What symptoms to tell it’s bowel cancer ?

Thank you for your reply.

Your anxiety is giving you scary false inaccurate thoughts. After 2 doctors have confirmed that this is an internal pile you should no longer worry. You can safely move on with your life without any worry about cancer. However, you should consult your GP for treatment of your health anxiety.

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site). Many thanks.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Can a Gp feel the difference between a internal pile and cancer ?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the examination and palpation will help in confirming the diagnosis and the difference can be felt.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
What are the difference between internal pile and cancer
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Every now and the it plays up
And every time I have a bowel movement it’s always little pebbles

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

Before we move to discuss this new question and give you all the differences please provide feedback so that I may know that I have answered your previous question satisfactorily.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
We are talking about the same thing
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I’m scared in case I have bowel cancer

Thank you for your reply.

I completely understand. You have no reason to be scared. You can safely relax and move on with your life.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Can internal piles bleed .
My Gp said she can feel a small bulge at the anal verge. That was a year ago .

Thank you for your reply.

We are now talking about internal piles and not bowel cancer. Please provide feedback for my answers about bowel cancer before we can continue our discussion about piles.

Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience: Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

Thank you for your reply.

Internal piles can definitely bleed. You should get an examination again if you are having bleeding in the stools.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
How will I know if I have blood in my stool ?
Can’t internal piles do this ?

Thank you for your reply.

You will know this by seeing obvious blood in stools. Internal piles can also do this.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I’m just so scared I have cancer

Thank you for your reply.

Your underlying condition is anxiety. Please contact your doctor for treatment of anxiety and also a psychologist in your location. With anxiety reduction, your fear will disappear. You don't have cancer as confirmed by your doctors. There is no reason for you to doubt their diagnosis.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Can internal pile cause you bowel movement like little pebbles

Thank you for your reply.

This is unlikely to be caused by piles.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
See I’m worried it’s cancer

Thank you for your reply.

I understand. Anxiety can make you worry about this. If a person has a cough then anxiety may cause him/her to worry that this cough is due to lung cancer. Basically, you should trust your doctor and not worry if your doctor is not worried.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok this has been going on for a year

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, if your doctor suspects that your symptoms are due to irritable bowel syndrome then such symptoms can be life long and this does not make it worrisome.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Do you think it is ibs ?
Or are you just saying that .It don’t cause bleeding dose it
Thank you for your reply.You may be suffering from both IBC and piles. You should discuss with your doctor about this and trust your doctor diagnosis.Thank you!
I meant IBS and piles. They can be present together on many patients.Thank you!
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Do you think it could be IBS ?
Cause I know there are know tests for it .You don’t get bleeding from IBS
I am not saying that bleeding is from IBS. You should ask your doctor the cause for the bleeding and should trust your doctor's diagnosis.Thank you!
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
But do you think I might have cancer ?
Please read my previous answer. I don't think you have cancer since I trust your doctor's diagnosis.Thank you!
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
If you did think it could be cancer would you say ?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, if I did think that any of my patients had cancer then I will clearly inform them about this possibility. You should, therefore, trust your doctor.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
you think it is just internal pile and IBS
I believe your doctor if this is what your doctor diagnosed after an examination.Thank you!
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Would I be worst if I had cancer ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, with cancer the symptoms will be severe. However, I don't know how exactly you are feeling right now since I cannot examine you. You should trust your doctor who has performed the examination. We are now repeated the same questions and answers. If you have a new question please open a new question thread.

Thank you very much!!!

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
What do you think I should do ?
Thank you for your reply.You should trust your doctor's diagnosis and move on with your life.Thank you!
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Is it ok that my poo has been like pebbles for a while ?

Thank you for your reply.

If this is a recent change and occurring every day then you should consult your doctor about it. If your doctor is not worried then you can safely relax.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Why do you think I could be cancer

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know whether you were able to read my previous answers. I never said that this could be due to cancer.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Cause I have pebbles than every now and than it will change to bigger bowel movement.
It’s been like that for a year
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Why do you think it can be

Thank you for your reply.

I will opt out of this question since I will have to repeat my previous answer and cannot give you any new answer. Opting out will allow another expert to answer your question.

Good luck and I wish you all the best!

Thank you so much!!!

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Someone please help
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I need some help