How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrVasavada Your Own Question
DrVasavada, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4147
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrVasavada is online now

I have a pain in my ribs, bruised sensation. Upon

This answer was rated:

I have a pain in my ribs, bruised sensation. Upon investigation I have a large raised vein running from my lower right breast to the rib cage which is causing the pain. Should I be concerned? I feel quite hormonal since my endoscopy and the removal of a cyst, ovary and fallopian tube due to endometriosis.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

You require tests like colour doppler ultrasound after assessment by a vascular surgeon for possible blockage of a draining vein near the rib giving pain. There may be some thrombosis in vein (called Deep Vein Thrombosis) needing warfarin like drug.

Good luck.

DrVasavada and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you