DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I have a pain in my ribs, bruised sensation. Upon

I have a pain in my ribs, bruised sensation. Upon investigation I have a large raised vein running from my lower right breast to the rib cage which is causing the pain. Should I be concerned? I feel quite hormonal since my endoscopy and the removal of a cyst, ovary and fallopian tube due to endometriosis.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

You require tests like colour doppler ultrasound after assessment by a vascular surgeon for possible blockage of a draining vein near the rib giving pain. There may be some thrombosis in vein (called Deep Vein Thrombosis) needing warfarin like drug.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you