Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I have had a big nail problem for a while. I went to the

Customer Question

Hi I have had a big nail problem for a while. I went to the doctors and at the time they couldn't find infection. But, Basically all of my nails and toenails are brittle, some beome curved, and then they will split in the middle horizontally. Some I have a nail and the side corners will break off.
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: But then they then continue to grow, some back to normal then curve again, I have 1 toenail that's curved even more and is clearly growing wrong . I am not taking medication and I went about a year ago, Most of it cleared but, it keeps coming back as if it starts with 1 nail then all start.
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I don't take any and I'm not allergic
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I did have water infections a lot as a kid, but again, I spent a lot of time been having kidney tests, blood tests and urine tests and nothing ever was found to be the problem.
Expert:  Caring doc replied 10 days ago.
Hi.i will be happy to assist you.Did you ever have your thyroid tests done??
Also have you ever taken antifungal treatment for the nails??
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm not sure and I did take anti fungal tablets
Expert:  Caring doc replied 9 days ago.
I would suggest you to have your thyroid tests done.it can be a cause of your nail problems. You should also take dietary supplements and multivitamins with iron to treat any vitamin deficiencies.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** and I am a fussy eater but I have never had an iron problem so I will take some multivitamins with iron.
Expert:  Caring doc replied 7 days ago.

sure.i hope i was able to help you out.if you are satisfied please hit the ACCEPT icon.if you have any question feel free to ask.good luck!