Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am currently on holiday and yesterday about 7/8 pm I

Hello, I am currently on holiday and yesterday about 7/8 pm I suddenly felt very faint. Since then I have felt very dizzy, sick and not very well at all. Any suggestions what I can do to help it? I’m due to fly home tomorrow evening
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven’t seen a doctor! I’ve had paracetamol but that is it
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Were you losing a lot of fluids or sweating outdoors? How old are you? Do you suffer from increased blood pressure or sugar?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello, I’m 22. No I don’t suffer with any of the above, and I would have been sweating a little bit the last 3 days because of the heat over here, but not excessively

Thank you for your reply.

OK. It is likely that the heat and sweating have caused these symptoms and there is mild dehydration. Please drink plenty of fluids as well as Gatorade. Please drink warm ginger tea 3 to 4 times and this will reduce the sick feeling. Hopefully these will be sufficient and you will feel better in a few hours. However, if the symptoms don't improve or worsen then you must consult a doctor over there for a prescription medication to reduce your symptoms.

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site). Many thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you very much!

You are very welcome!!
Thank you very much!!!