Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have been having stomach pain and nausea since last

Customer Question

I have been having stomach pain and nausea since last Tuesday. Dr suspects stomach ulcer so I have to go for an endoscopy in 2 weeks time. My iron level is currently 7 and I was started on liquid iron on Friday which made the nausea and pain worse. Back at GP yesterday who has now started me on 2 antibiotics for suspected helicop something! I started these last night and since 5am this morning I have had explosive Diarrhea and am unable to eat. Just spoke to GP who just suggested changing one of the antibiotics
Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Just nausea and retching. Pain comes and goes but low cramping pain for about 6/7 weeks and upper pain for just over a week
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had an endometrial ablation in april
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. How long have you had this symptom for?

2. Is there any alternating diarrhea and constipation please?

3. Are you experiencing any weight loss or loss of appetite?

4. Are you currently under any type of physical or psychological stress?

5. Is there any family history of irritable bowel syndrome?

6. Are you running any intermittent of recurrent fever?

7. When was your thyroid status last checked and if so how was it?

8. Is there any family history of inflammatory bowel disease?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Lower cramping pain for 6/7 weeks and upper pain for just over a week. At present just Diarrhea and definite loss of appetite. No fever, stress or history of IBS
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Iron level is currently 7
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.From your system analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that we need to consider the possibilities of -
1. Irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Nutritional iron deficiency anaemia.
3. Acid peptic disease with Helicobacter pylori infectionThe current explosive diarrhoea could be because of antibiotic associated diarrhoea which has been used against Helicobacter pylori. This can be easily managed by stopping the antibiotic and adding a probiotic specifically Saccharomyces boulardii for antibiotic associated diarrhoea please.May I suggest you discuss the above possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.
If you want I will be very glad to explain you more about irritable bowel syndrome which is the foremost possibility so that you can be well informed before your next consultation please.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 21 hours ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani