Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I’ve had a really bad lack of appetite ever since I did some

Customer Question

I’ve had a really bad lack of appetite ever since I did some bad drugs when I was 12-14
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I’ve tried everything to fix it and I’m really struggling
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I haven’t and I’m not taking any medications
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I potentially have polycystic ovaries None and no I’m not
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 days ago.

What is your age?

Are you being treated for polycystic ovaries?

Are you underweight due to loss of appetite?

Were any investigations done for your medical issues?

Do you have depression, anxiety, stress?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’m 19 years old.No I’m not because apparently the cysts went away so it might not have been polycystic ovaries. I was told I’d have to wait and see basically.I’m not technically underweight (I’m 8 stone and 5”6) but I’d really like to gain some weight as I’ve always felt insecure about how thin I am.Not much investigation was done for my medical issues.I’m not diagnosed with depression or anxiety but I did used to self harm and attempted suicide when I was 15. I can be depressive and anxious

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much :)

We, humans, are not only body but also the mind. And the mind is always bigger than the body. So we are the conglomerate of mind and body interplay which dictates our body hormones and autonomic nervous system. This does affect appetite and other functions. Obviously depression and anxiety are part of the whole of these manifestations.

So you have to start with handling your mind symptoms by the group sporting activities, avoiding staying alone and negative thoughts, etc.

Following herbs can be tried;

1) Ginkgo
2) St. John's wort

There are other therapies which can be tried as following;

1) Psychotherapy;
a) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
b) Interpersonal therapy
c) Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBC
d) Psychodynamic psychotherapy

2) Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) has been approved for the treatment of the major depressive disorder.

3) Physical activity and exercise contribute to recovery from a major depressive disorder.

4) Stress reduction techniques.

5) Massage and physical therapy

6) Acupuncture.

You may also get the parathyroid, thyroid and adrenal function tests for the evaluation.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Please consider a 5-star/positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.I

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.