wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Ive started on an antidepressant duloxatine? Due to

Customer Question

Hi Ive started on an antidepressant duloxatine ? Due to depression/ anxiety
I have an ocd rumination thought that I have every day
Regarding the fear of becoming suicidal
It’s causing me great distress
It stems from my friend taking her life and she had kids and the media
Do you think the medication can help this or have you any suggestions to cure this problem
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

how can I be of service?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi dr
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m week 2 duloxtine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No interest in things and sleeping more scared I’ll
Always be this way
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
not sure how tablets help this
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

Duloxtine can take up to three weeks to start working.....give it a bit more time.

Also you could consider getting under the care of a team consisting of a MS level social worker (group therapy, CBT), a PhD level psychologist (talk therapy) and a MD level psychiatrist (medical management). Sometimes an intensive multipronged approach like this is the best way to get feeling better quickly.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What will I notice I’m very grateful for your help
I’m just scared I’ll never get out of this rut
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’ve been depressed 2 years
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

That is a long time....
Given what you have posted I feel it is past time for you to expand your treatment plan to include the specialists I discussed above.

You can -- and will -- feel better.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can’t get that help here that’s why I’m hoping the medication will help me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does duloxtine help me want to participate in life
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

the talk therapy, CBT training and group therapy will help with that a lot along with the medication.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m scared I leave my daughter to school and I go to bed when sun is shining - I’m not enjoying or have interest can medication honestly help with that ??
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 3 months ago.

No. You should have the other talk and group therapy I discussed above in addition to medication.

Time to mash the excellent feedback button for me :-)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m
Confused Sorry what will medication do then. ? I thought it would help with motivation and lack of interest
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator