Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Trying to get through to a few GPs but cant, medical

Trying to get through to a few GPs but cant, medical question is that I have been feeling discomfort in my testicles for the past few days
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Done a urine test about it and it has came up clear, I'm on no medication
Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Seems to be I think
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It goes off and on if that's what you mean

What is your age?

Are you exposed to unsafe sex or have a history of kidney stones?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
28, I had unsafe sex 6 months ago
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No history of kidney stones
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I had tests done which came up clear of any sti's

Mild testes pain may occur without any specific cause. Tight garments, sitting for long hours in a chair with a leg on the leg, driving motorcycle or bike may cause pain which subsides on its own.

You may get an ultrasound of the scrotum and abdomen if the pain persists.

Chronic scrotal pain is usually related to noninflammatory conditions but chronic infections also should be considered. Because the testes arise embryologically in close proximity to the kidneys, pain arising in the kidneys or retroperitoneum may also be referred to the testes. So an abdominal ultrasound, intravenous pyelography and a CT scan of the abdomen also should be done to evaluate testicular pain.

A urine and sperm culture for pyogenic organisms and mycobacterium should be done. This should be able to point towards the chronic infection and give the guidelines for further management.

Following other causes to be considered for the pain are;

1) Recurrent torsion

2) Torsion or inflammation of the appendix of the testes

3) Infectious epididymitis

4) Noninfectious epididymitis; occur due to reflux of urine through the ejaculatory ducts and vas into the epididymis, producing a "chemical" inflammation

5) Referred pain - the genitofemoral, ilioinguinal, or posterior scrotal nerves CAN CAUSE REFERRED PAIN. Other causes of referred pain are an abdominal aortic aneurysm, ureteric stone, lower lumbar or sacral nerve root impingement, retrocecal appendicitis, retroperitoneal tumor, and postherniorrhaphy pain.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I had a CT scan done a few days ago which showed nothing, no clots etc
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm just looking looking to understand how it's happening and how it can be avoided

You may take Ibuprofen.

Were you able to read the answer above where I mentioned all the possibilities?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the pain isn't too bad does this necessarily mean it's not testicular torsion?

Testicular torsion usually is significantly painful.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, I'll try and follow this up with a doctor here
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time with you.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.