DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I’ve been suffering from difficulty swallowing for about a

Hello I’ve been suffering from difficulty swallowing for about a month now which I have had a gastroscopy for. I do suffer from asthma and acid reflux for which I take omeprazole and use inhalers for. My other symptoms have been acid regurgitation, sore throat, increased wheeze when inhaling, general pain around lower neck and upper chest and productive cough. More recently I have noticed that my epiglottis is slightly showing when I look in my mouth. I was just wondering if this is normal or something I should be concerned about? Thank you.
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: It started with difficulty swallowing around a month ago and the other symptoms started around a week ago. I’m not aware that I have a fever but I don’t have a thermometer to check
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: the gastroscopy didn’t find anything

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This is due to the acid regurgitation which you have

This is nothing to worry about

You just need to continue with Omeprazole and this will improve

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your response. So the acid regurgitation is causing the epiglottis to show?

Yes it is due to acid regurge causing local inflammation

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service