Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have a question concerning my 5year old daughter and looks

Hi I have a question concerning my 5year old daughter and looks like a genital warts? Is this possible?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I have not taken her to a dr we have been on holiday and I noticed like a spot which now looks bigger and she says it itches?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: I have been putting a natural skin activator on this It did reduce however seems red but not sure if it’s because she itched the area
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No but I have been reading up and says in infants can come from the mother? I have not Experianced this

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

This is unlikely to be a wart. It is only rarely spread during delivery. Also, you never had such warts. This is likely to be due to molluscum contagiousum infection which can appear singly and may look similar to a wart. Please read the below linked article:

https://youngwomenshealth.org/2012/09/25/molluscum-contagiosum/

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site). Many thanks.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank You I have read about this and she does have little bumps at the top of her thighs which are disappearing now however this 1 on the lip of her Virginia concerned me.
Thank You for your quick response

You are very welcome!!

I understand. Such a single lesion is unlikely to be a wart. You can safely relax.

Thank you!!!