Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I picked up a rash in Malaysia that's very itchy and has

Hello, I picked up a rash in Malaysia that's very itchy and has been slowly spreading across the back of my thigh. It's also changed appearance but I can't tell if its getting any better or worse.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It's been about three weeks now. Antifungal creams and aloe vera based lotions have helped a little but not much. Antihistamines and antibiotics havent helped.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Could you please post some pictures of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The first picture is from about 2 weeks ago, the other one is more recent.

Got them--hold on please

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok

Did you have chickenpox as a child?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No

Even so that looks like shingles and one can get that even if they've never had chickenpox

I'd suggest you have your doctor check that out since you need a prescription for oral acyclovir to clear it up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok, thank you!

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again