Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Can you tell me how accurate the rna test for hiv after 10

Hi doctor can you tell me how accurate the rna test for hiv after 10 days? Also are my rapid and duo test results at 4.5 and 5 months conclusive?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

RNA test for HIV after 10 days is more than 98% accurate. A rapid and duo test if done after 3 months are considered to be conclusive.

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site). Many thanks.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there anyway I could be producing antibodies late? Or what can cause someone to have a false negative test after 5 months of exposure?

Thank you for your reply.

Actually previously a test was recommended at 6 months in case of Hepatitis C coinfection or in immunodeficiency but with the modern tests, a 3 month window period is likely sufficient and also your HIV RNA test again confirms that HIV can be safely ruled out in your case and you will not produce antibodies late.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok doctor thanks