Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I make a great deal of mucous everywhere. I remember years

I make a great deal of mucous everywhere. I remember years ago a holistic doctor recommending I took Sepia, long before the excessive manufacture my body makes became a problem as it has become now. Can you please help?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: can you please help?
JA: What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: I make excessive mucous in every part of my body. A holistic doctor years ago suggested I take Sepia. What is your view?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have RA. have managed hypertension, and am 80. Itake Methotrexate 10mg weekly and have had infusions of Rituximab, but not often now because the reduction of immunity it caused resulted in multiple chest infections. To conteract this I have successfully been prescribed daily Doxyclycline. I am otherwise fit and well
Hi. I am caring doc.I can help you.Can you tell me how long are you having RA for??How long are you taking methotrexate for?when did you start having excessive mucus?do you have any cough?Do you have any shortness of breath?do you smoke?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I showed RA symptoms in 2000 after a successful lumpectomy but it took a year to diagnose it .The Rituximab has helped me greatly. I have not smoked for 5 years but had been a smoker for 50 years prior. I have ALWAYS made a lot of mucous and the holistic chap said it was 'my type' and suggested Sepia homeopathic remedy. but it now is a nuisance because it is in my gut, and sinuses. I have Bronchiectasis but very mildly. No cough.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am waiting for your response if you are able to give it me, I prefer to type.

Hi.sorry my system was not letting me reply you.so for how long are you noticing that you are producing more mucus than youn usaully did?are there any fevers or weight loss?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The debilitating mucous in the bowel only the past year. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis but after only 1 year it cured itself and I am now excavating normally except for ti's awful mucous somehow always creeping out from the anus.

do you ever had blood in the stools?do you have diarrhea or belly pain?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No

when did you have your last colonoscopy?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
About 5 years ago, when suffering diarohea diagnosed as microscopic colitis. It revealed nothing else wrong in the bowel which was in ngood order otherwise. Then the colitis disappeared.

ok.are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

ok.thanks for the information.so what i got is you have alot of mucus in your stools but there is no history of bleeding,pain,diarrhea,constipation,weight loss or fevers.correct?

This can be normal for you or there can be many causes of excess production of mucus in gut.some are short term and others are long term.I n your case it looks like a chronic issue.It can be due to irritable bowl syndrome as you dont have other red flag signs like blood or weight loss.but at this age we need to rule out other possible causes as well.I would suggest you to have a stool/culture test done.also see you physician who may order some other tests like other blood tests or sigmiodo/colonoscopy.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much. I will do as you suggest.

You are welcome.i hope every thing goes well for you.please hit ACCEPT if you are satisfied.I appreciate it!