DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My sister in law has cellulitis which is weeping quite

My sister in law has cellulitis which is weeping quite severely. She gas phoned her surgery but they can’t see her until Monday. She can’t get any shoes or slippers on and cannot get to a casualty department. Her neighbours are not in. I live over an hour away - should she call an ambulance?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes she has seen a doctor. She takes:
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She takes Dermovate cream and a course of antibiotics - Ciprosnoxacin 500mgs tablets - she took them for 2 weeks. She has has oedema for over a year

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister

Yes she must call the ambulance as if she will not start antibiotic there us a risk of spread of infection

Ciprofloxacin is not a good choice for cellulitis and usually Amoxicillin,Co-Amoxiclav or Flucloxacillin are preferred first line

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service

Are you with me?

Anything else you need help with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you I gave phoned for an ambulance

You are welcome