DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have had a crawling sensation under my left arm since

I have had a crawling sensation under my left arm since August 1st.
JA: The Neurologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: nothing seems to make it worse or better, and my health is average for my age
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you?

Do you have any neck pain?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am 70, and yes I have spondolosis in my neck, but it doesn't always bother me
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I would rather continue discussing online please
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have also been told that I have lowish B12 levels, so I am taking tablets as a supplement now

Thanks for the details

Your symptom can be due to an irritated nerve in the neck

Other possibility could bedeficiency of vitamin B12

These are the two main reasons

If after replacing B12 your symptoms does not improve then you will need an MRI of the neck for evaluation

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have been to the Dr and they have said they do not know what is causing it and that it should just settle down

I agree at times no cause is found but in your case these two are the most likely possibilities

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I do have another question please? I have had a stabbing pain in my kidney area since January. I have been to Dr and had blood tests as I was on the wrong BP tablet due to high levels of uric acid and that can cause kidney damage. But my kidneys are fine, so i was told it was muscular. I went to Physio and they said I was very tight under the bottom rib, and tried to loosen it without luck and said would need an MRI to see what was going on, but my Dr has not referred me for one. The pain never lasts more that a couple of seconds and just comes out of the blue no matter if I am sitting quietly or stretching and reaching.

Thanks for the details

Most likely it is a muscular pain

Rather than MRI you can have an ultrasound to look in detail

But it does not seems like anything serious

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have had an ultrasound and they couldn't find anything that would cause that apin
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
pain...sorry

Then there is nothing to worry about and you should not be bothered about it

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Would you not be worried and not want to know what a sharp stabbing pain in your lower back was and how it could be eliminated? Can an MRI do more than one area at a time, as it appears I could do with one on my neck shoulder (another story) and lower back

Well since you have cervical spine problem so the lumbar spine will have some issues as well

As generally these are degenerative changes and involve the spine as a whole

MRI can help in picking up the exact intensity of the problem but if your doctor don,t want to refer then don,t push for it as it does not require any specific form of treatment like surgery

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you for that last piece of info, it was very helpful. Yes i do have lumbar problems aswell as you mention it. All part of getting old I guess. I do take CBD Oil as a natural anti inflamatory and pain killer, so I guess i will continue

Yes you can continue with these medicines

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service