Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

Trivial Thickening of Anterior mitral leaflet with a minor

Trivial Thickening of Anterior mitral leaflet with a minor late systolic prolapse of AML(A3 Scallop) and only Trace Mitral Incompetency. The Mitral filling pattern is normal. Is this called MVP ?
this is MVP.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have done few 5 echos in 3 months 3 say normal structure and 1 say mild billowing of AML and another say the question I have asked previously ...which one I should believe
They all are correct. The degree of mvp varies depending on many physiological factors. Such state of hydration, BP , heart rate, etc. with mild mvp the prolapse is not always seen. Trace prolapse is not always detected . MVP is a benign condition.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Great Thanks for your answer ...does this mean I have Trace Mitral Valve prolapse ?
you have trace mvp. But it’s so trivial that it’s not always seen on echocardiogram.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks Sir ....