Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I have petechiae on my arm and hand. Dr google has worried

I have petechiae on my arm and hand. Dr google has worried me that it could be leukaemia as I had slightly low red blood cell count of 3.95 taken a month ago. All the rest of my blood count was normal. After some reassurance
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: The rash appeared yesterday
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Bleeding between periods since having coil fitted after birth of my 2nd child
Hi. Can you take some pictures so I can see the areas? How old are you?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am 36
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I'm not sure how I upload photos
There’s a photo icon on the screen. Need a computer or tablet. I’m not sure what you describe are petechiae. They start on the legs first.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Have you received the pictures?
What was you platelet count on the CBC. Was the wbc count and differential normal?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Platelet count 227
Those are not petechiae. Your platelet count was normal.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Blood results attached
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
What do you think the rash is?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Does not fade under glass
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Looks like burst blood vessels
It’s not a burst blood vessel. Your CBC is normal. You don’t have any leukemia. Those few red spots don’t have the appearance of petechiae. Looks more like bug bites. Good news is that I see no need for concern.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you for the reassurance
You’re welcome. I’d appreciate you rating my answers with the stars on your screen so I receive feedback and credit. Thanks