Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I wanted to ask a general question about chest pain?

Hi there I wanted to ask a general question about chest pain?
Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: Yes I've dealt with this before and no I don't have any shortness of breath
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've been diagnosed with Costcochondritis and all I've been advised to do is rest but I wanted to know if there are any other things I can do to get rid of the pain.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
How long have you had the costochondritis?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4 years

And you've never gotten any treatment or therapy for it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've never been given any treatment or therapy. I have just been advised to take anti inflammatory pain killers but they haven't been working for the past 3 days straight.

Just to be sure--how do you know for certain it's costochondritis?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The doctors that I have seen and all said they've felt a tenderness around my rib cage. I've been for several ECG's, X rays and had blood tests. Those tests have come up negative but whenever they press on the lower ribs I normally feel a lot of pain and discomfort from it and they always say that's Costcochondritis

Just needed to check

My suggestion is that you see a sports medicine/rehabilitation MD specialist to treat it

That would include physical therapy, acupuncture, ultrasound and possibly cortisone injections into the inflamed cartilage

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No that's good thank you for your help today

My pleasure

Please remember to rate my service to you