How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 14994
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Medical Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I a had a UTI and yeast infection a month ago, I took

Customer Question

Hello, I a had a UTI and yeast infection a month ago, I took antibiotics for the UTI and that went away, and took one doze of fluconazole after the antibiotics. After going back to my doctor and checking for yeast, I still had some, so I used the canesten duo, and after a week another dose of fluconazole because it was still stinging when I peed. It has gotten better but it still hurts when I pee. Should I take another tablet of fluconazole or use canesten duo again?
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It's been a month and a week now, and it has gotten better. No more itching and stinging when urinating has improved, but I just want it gone already! I've also been taking probiotics and tried to cut off on coffee
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: The UTI and yeast infection appeared after sexual activity, it was not my first time but One of my firsts times
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do yeast infections take that long to go away? I'm worried it might be something else but during my visit to the doctor I had a swab test done and urine test, so I'm not sure what else to do
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

I suggest you go back to your OB/GYN for a new culture and sensitivity and some blood work.

Once these data are back then the best treatment can be started and get this cleared up once and for all.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS