Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

Is it possible to get pregnant with pre ejaculate? My

Hi. Is it possible to get pregnant with pre ejaculate ? My partner did pull out in lots of time but is it still possible ?

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok no problem ��

Yes, it is possible although the risk is low.

Pre-ejaculatory fluid contains viable sperm around 20-40% of the time, usually in small quantities.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it does. How is it possible for the speed to get in to that fluid ? Is it from previous ejaculations? Should I get emergency pill ?? It was 5 days ago
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am on ovulation as of yesterday

Yes, from previous ejaculation and/or some early testicular secretion during that episode.

The emergency pill is not effective after ovulation or after 5 days. You still have the option to have an emergency copper coil fitted though (up to 5 days after ovulation) - this can be arranged by contacting your local sexual health clinic.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How high do you think the risk is ? I’m 44

It is low, in the region of 1% I would estimate.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok. Thank you very much

You’re very welcome, all the best.