How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrVasavada Your Own Question
DrVasavada, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4180
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrVasavada is online now

I think i might have Balantitis Assistant: Have you seen a

Customer Question

I think i might have Balantitis
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I’m on doxycycline and anti inflammatories for treating Epiadidymitis
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have an active sex life but have been tested for STDs and I don’t have any
Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes and alright as it stands
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 4 months ago.

Balanitis is possible if your foreskin is not removed. There will be white or yellow discharge over glans with pain, irritation and burning while passing urine. Please get discharge checked for culture and sensitivity as the organism may not be sensitive to doxycycline.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don’t think I have any pain passing urine, but I do have clear swelling, White discharge, itchiness, more difficulty in retracting the foreskin. What will the treatment be?
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 4 months ago.

Pl use mild hydrocortisone with clotrimazole cream 3-4 times, using nozzle to seep ointment in and rub skin. Oral antibiotic other than present one may be required if swelling there.