Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Hoping you can help. I am a 44 year old male, very active

Hello there, hoping you can help. I am a 44 year old male, very active and fit although lately I have been experiencing pain across the mid/top side of my foot. Especially when getting out of bed in the morning or after a period of inactivity. It is a sharpish burning type pain, that goes away after walking and the area is warmed up. This happens quite quickly.
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: There is no swelling or redness
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing significant

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I am typing some questions please.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok doctor thank you

I am typing some questions please.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Are you having any small joint pains like fingers and toes?

2. Is there any redness or visible swelling which you have noted in the region and if so can you upload an image please?

3. Is there any stiffness of the spine or shoulder girdle or hip girdle?

4. Are you having any rash any where over the torso?

5. Are you running chronic intermittent fever?

6. Did you suffer from EBV anytime please?

7. Do you have early morning stiffness of joints?

8. Is there any family history of autoimmune disease?

9. Can you upload all the reports which you have in hand please?

10. Is there any personal or family history of gout please?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi doctor I have received an email saying there is a response but cannot see it on this portal...
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Oh i see it now

Do you want me to send in my questions again please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi doctor, the only answer which is yes is perhaps some early morning stiffness and soreness in my feet, but after a few steps that goes away.There is no swelling, redness, history of gout or arthritis with my parents, all the the other responses are a no as well
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is a history of hyper mobility though and my arches collapse under weight. This feels related somewhat to the initial discomfort when I first step of the bed although as I say it goes away pretty much immediately after a few steps and doesn’t bother me through the day

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Reactive arthritis of the joints of the foot.
This maybe because of post viral or it could be diarrhoea related all so.

2. Autoimmune phenomenon.
I am considering this because of early morning stiffness of the joints which is sharp burning type of pain after a period of inactivity.

3. Gouty arthritis although the exact area is not classical... I am considering this because of the proximity to the great toe.

I suggest -
1. Keep yourself well hydrated.
2. Tablet Ibuprofen 400 MG three times a day after food or on as and when required basis for a couple of days.
3. If you are not better even after a week then I suggest you discuss the above possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Doctor couple of quick questions after your last1)is there no way it could be some sort of tendinitis?2)are the arthritis assessments considering that the pain subsides very quickly after walking?3)what is the relationship to diahorria?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is no swelling or redness, does that change the assessment?

1. Tendinitis does not go away after walking - in fact - work or movement - aggravates it.

2. If there is no redness and swelling at all - auto immune arthritis is less likely - but the red herring is early morning stiffness.

3. Relationship to diarrhea or in fact any other illness is that - the viral or bacterial proteins might be similar to the cartilage or the articular proteins and the body's immune system recognizes both as similar and tries to attack both the offending organism and the body tissue in question please.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks doctor

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.