Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

Ive called last night about a tooth ache, qent this morning

Hi. So Ive called last night about a tooth ache, qent this morning to the appointment had it done and it still hurts really really bad. What could I do? Thanks
Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent and bad its like throbbing
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Hi. What was done? Did you have a filling? Was the tooth pulled? Do you have any pain meds?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I dont have any pain meds the tooth wasnt pulled out
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can you please cancel the phone request was by mistake
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The doctor said she was going to kill the root nerve but its hurting so bad I cant cope with it
I suggest you alternate between paracetamol and ibuprofen every 6 hours. 500 mg paracetamol every 6 hours and 600mh ibuprofen every 6 hours. So every three hours you take either ibuprofen or paracetamol.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
but it doesnt help at all, what can I do
This will help,the pain. But you need to revisit the dentist. You probably have a tooth abscess. We’re xrays done?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No no x rays
You need to see the dentist today. You didn’t have an adequate examination. You need xrays and then treatment based on the findings. I suspect an abscess for which you need root canal .
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Should I go back where I had it done?
I would find another dentist. It’s unbelievable that xrays were not done . That’s how an abscess or deep cavity is diagnosed. I don’t have faith in the dentist you saw. Just giving you pain meds isn’t the answer.
There’s a reason you have a tooth ache and this dentist did nothing for you.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Im not registered with any dentists, how can I find one and an appointment its throbbing with pain now its so bad
I’m sorry you’re in pain . I’d go see a competent dentist today. Then you’ll have to go private.
I’m in the US so I don’t know how you system works. But it’s not rocket science on how to evaluate and treat a tooth ache. It’s either an abscess or a deep cavity. You need xrays and proper treatment today.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Shit man just what I needed thanks for ur help
Hope this information helps.
Good luck.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You’re welcome.