How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 47803
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have difficulty in stalling and painful air bubbles in my

Customer Question

I have difficulty in stalling and painful air bubbles in my chest, difficulty eating.
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
How long has this been going on?

And have you tried anything to treat it?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This has been going on for around 2 months, it gets worse and then lightens.
I've tried Rennie's etc. The bubbles in my chest are so painful that I cannot eat sometimes and find it hard to swallow.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 days ago.

Have you had any tests or studies to evaluate this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Have had stool and blood test.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 days ago.

What was the stool test for?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I wasn't told exactly
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 days ago.

So did your doctor have any comments about this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Nothing found. Should I ask the doctor what the stole's test was for? I have an appointment this afternoon.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 days ago.

Well here are my thoughts about this--

It could be an H pylori bacterial stomach infection and you need to ask the doctor if that was what the stool test was for

It also sounds like a gastric acid reflux problem and you may also have a peptic ulcer

The H pylori can be treated with antibiotics and the reflux can be treated with Nexium or Prolosec

But even with all that if this is still a problem for you I'd schedule an upper endosopy--scope--procedure to look for an inflammation of your esophagus and for an ulcer

Please let me know if you need any more information