DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

For the past 2 years my son, now 12 has been defecating

Hello there, Hello there,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hello there, for the past 2 years my son, now 12 has been defecating himself, resulting in stained underwear and usually amounts of faeces clinging to his anus. my son has always had problems going to the toilet and in the past it would usually take 4-5 days sometimes more for him to actually go to the toilet, therefore we are wondering if it has anything to do with this? also when he does go, which he says is regularly now, but I am just wondering if he now just goes to clean himself before he smells too strong, as his faeces does smell very strong, but even though he defecates himself he says he doesn't need to go to the toilet? could there anything be wrong with his anus? as he is adamant he doesn't feel when the faeces comes out of his anus and it is always worse when he has been playing sports. thank you
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long has your son had the staining? Has he used any medication for it?
Customer: The staining has been approximately 2 years and its something he wasn't doing in the past and no he takes no medication, as I don't know what to treat him for?
JA: Has he seen a doctor about the staining?
Customer: No, its first on the agenda tomorrow and he does seem ok with this. for example tonight he came in from football training with quite large lumps of faeces on his bum cheeks, which he cleaned off in the shower. when he had fininshed in the shower I checked his anus and his bum was clean, however from getting from the shower to his own bedroom and staring to get clean, there was quite a lump of faeces coming out of his bum, which he is adamant he didn't feel come out\? and he is adamant he doesn't need the toilet?
JA: Anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No we are just very concerned that he is only 12 and if any school friends should find out or even smell him, his life could be ruined very quickly

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok

Your son is suffering from constipation

When this is severe there can be some fecal soiling and you can have fecal matter on your clothes or under wears

This need to be addressed by treating the constipation

He should pass a normal stool daily

Also he should be evaluated for the cause of constipation

In all probabilities he will be fine once the constipation settles

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** that

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service