DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

There is a pain in my knee joint and when it’s moved I can

There is a pain in my knee joint and when it’s moved I can feel a crackling almost on my knee joint. This isn’t as a result of recent injury etc. This particularly happens when I extend my knee joint
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There is no visible swelling around the knee or anything similar. It’s painful on the bending and when it then clicks at extension.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Click sound is harmless but pain is not. Please see orthopedic surgeon for test like X ray to check for signs of arthritis. Meanwhile use knee guard while walking and use paracetamol.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’ve recently had weight loss could this be part. I don’t do a huge amount of exercise walking mainly. Thanks for the info.

You are welcome What is your age? Calcium supplement may be needed if bone density low.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don’t eat a lot of meat at all and I am restricting my calories. I’m 33 female have had a baby ( using my husbands profile on her )
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Previously was very low in iron during and years after birth

Poultry meat, fish and eggs are OK. Please continue calcium and iron/folic acid/b12 supplements. Bone densitometric test scan may be done.