Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I have some bumps or warts around my vagina and bumps

Customer Question

Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: 6-7 months
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi. I have for about 6-7 month this problem... some bumps or warts around the Vagina and bottom... I thought it’s just some normal bumps but in time it just appeared more than usual
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 days ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 days ago.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 days ago.

Would you be able to upload some photos of the affected area(s) for me to review please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This area is this affected
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don’t feel anything like itchy or something else
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 days ago.

I am suspecting this is Molluscum Contagiosum (a common, harmless cause of wart-like spots on the skin that resolves naturally over the course of a few months).

I should be able to confirm if you can send me a sharply focused close-up photo of one of the spots.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok.. but as I said I have this for 6-7 months and now more appeals
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 days ago.

Yes, this is entirely consistent with Molluscum Contagiousum. It will resolve naturally given time (typically between 6-18 months).

It is not a STD per se, but can be transmitted by direct skin-to-skin contact. It also would be advisable to screen for STDs at your local sexual health clinic - they may offer to treat the spots with cryotherapy if they are bothering you too.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 days ago.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No, thank you very much. Have a good day :)
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 7 days ago.

You’re very welcome, all the best.