How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ben Your Own Question
Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1112
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ben is online now

I am from France and I am trying to register and get an

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am from France and I am trying to register and get an appointment in a GP médical center for now two weeks and they always tell me everything is full . I've been sick for now 3 weeks I have taken médication but it is not better : I am always tired, I cough, I have night sweats and I have pain when I cough
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: I have been sick for 3 weeks and I have used medication for cold and flue in pharmacy but it doesn't get better
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: no I have tried to register and get an appointment in several médical centers for 2 weeks but it seems impossible and I don't know how to see a doctor immediatly. I am an exchange student from France
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I don't think so

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Have you tried calling ‘111’ yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no I haven't
should I go to a hospital?

No, I would avoid attended hospital (A&E) if you can.

First, I recommend calling ‘111’ - they should be able to organise an urgent GP appointment for you. Tell them that you feel poorly and believe this is an urgent problem.

Otherwise, attend your nearest ‘walk-in centre’, which can be found here:

Does this help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am trying to call 111
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the phone number doesn't work
I have a french mobile phone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the link you sent to me is just for england

I’m not sure what to suggest about that, other than to try ‘0044 111’.

Where are you located?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
in beaverbank residence place

Edinburgh, Scotland?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I called 111 at the réception they take phone calls just after 5 pm when the médical centers are closed
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
should I go to a hospital?

Frustrating - the Scottish system isn’t as good in my humble opinion.

Yes, you may need to attend hospital in this case.

Otherwise, you can try an online GP service (video consultation) such as this:

Dr. Ben and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you for your help
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
have you got any idea of what I could have ?

You may have a chest infection requiring antibiotics.

You’re very welcome, all the best.