Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My husband has 2 fractures in his spine after lifting heavy

Customer Question

Good morning. My husband has 2 fractures in his spine after lifting heavy furniture. He is 75. We have no knowledge of homeopathy, but my cousin who lives in S Africa, suggested he use comfrey tablets to help heal the fractures. Would you agree with this please, and if so how may I obtain the tablets? I see creams and drops advertised, but no tablets.
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When was your husband prescribed drops? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: No medication other than paracetamol has been prescribed.
JA: Has he seen a doctor about the fracture?
Customer: Yes, he went to his GP right away when he felt the pain. The GP expected it would take about 3 months to heal by itself.
JA: Anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, he's always been very healthy.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 month ago.

welcome to just answer

comfrey is a herb that is used to heals burns, sprains, bruises etc. It has been claimed to help in healing fractures faster. But an oral intake of the medicine is not advised since it can cause liver damage. The ideal way if you want to try is to apply an poultice of comfrey in the affected area. Again, it can cause liver damage if applied in high concentration on skin. So be careful of the concentration.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help. Perhaps we should stay with the paracetamol! Best wishes, Lyn
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 month ago.

i agree, that seems the right decision.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.