Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have had yellow liquid stools that smell extremely bad for

Customer Question

I have had yellow liquid stools that smell extremely bad for a week or more, and it seems to be getting worse. I have a lot of stomach problems over the years. Is this something I need to worry about?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the yellowness? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: The colour has been on and off but It usually would change with different days. It doesn't seem to be changing now. The Dr has given me Omeprazole a week ago, but I stopped taking it because it seemed to make it worse.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the yellowness?
Customer: no, I did not mention it when I saw him
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Well, I had Hep B about 15 years ago, and went jondus and stayed in hospital for 1 week.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 11 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I am typing some questions please.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Since how long have you had this issue... I mean has this been a recurrent one or only for the past one week?
3. Is there any blood in the motion?
4. How is your urine output?
5. Are you having any abdominal distension?
6. Are you feeling weak and dehydrated?
7. Did this start after eating any unhygienic food or street food or exotic food?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
1.49 year old male. 2. Recurrent. 3. No Blood. 4. Pee seems normal. 5. Yes to abdominal distension, I look pregnant. 6. yes, sometimes feel week and dehydrated. 7. No, this seems to be always anymore

May I ask you few more questions please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

1. How long have you had this symptom for?

2. Is there any alternating diarrhea and constipation please?

3. Are you experiencing any weight loss or loss of appetite?

4. Are you currently under any type of physical or psychological stress?

5. Is there any family history of irritable bowel syndrome?

6. Are you running any intermittent of recurrent fever?

7. When was your thyroid status last checked and if so how was it?

8. Is there any family history of inflammatory bowel disease?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
1. 1 week. 2. No 3. last two days, yes. 4. Yes. 5. Yes. 6. I have not checked. 7. I have no idea, my mother has thyroid problems. 8. Not to my knowledge.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are you still there??

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).

Irritable bowel syndrome, or "IBS," is a condition that causes belly pain and problems with bowel movements. Some people with the condition have frequent, watery bowel movements (diarrhea). Others do not have enough bowel movements (constipation). Some patients switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation.

Symptoms include:

●Stomach pain and cramps, related to a bowel movement

●Diarrhea or constipation (some people switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation)

●Bloating

●Gas

There is no specific test or investigation of choice.

You can:

●Start a diary to keep track of what you ate each day, what you did, and how you felt. That way, you can figure out if anything you do or eat makes your symptoms better or worse.

●Stop eating foods that might be making your IBS worse. Start by giving up foods that give you gas, and then give up milk, ice cream, and other foods that have traces of milk for 2 weeks.

●Eat more fiber, if you have constipation. You can do this by eating more fruits and vegetables. Or you can take fiber pills or powders. (If eating more fiber makes symptoms worse, cut back on the fiber.)

●Exercise. Do something active for 20 to 60 minutes, 3 to 5 days a week. Studies show this helps improve IBS symptoms.

Medicines can ease the symptoms of IBS. But no treatment can cure the condition. Counseling might also help with IBS, because stress and worry can make the condition worse.

The medicines that can help with IBS symptoms include:

●Medicines to ease diarrhea

●Medicines to ease constipation

●Antidepressants – These medicines work by blocking pain. When used to treat IBS, they are given at a much lower dose than would normally be given to treat depression.

●Medicines called "antispasmodics"

●Antibiotics – These medicines sometimes help with bloating and diarrhea in some people.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani