wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have just asked a question and explained I have depression

Customer Question

I have just asked a question and explained I have depression and anxiety but the answer didn’t cover the whole question my question was my son who is 3 months old was being kissed on the cheek by my brother who was bleeding who has hiv and is not on medication when I looked at my son he had a cut on his face could he have caught hiv I know you don’t get hiv from kissing but with his blood and my sons cut is it possible also how deep would my sons cut have to be and how much would my brother have to been bleeding thank you in advance for your answer
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My question which I asked before is my son had a cut on his cheek and my brother who has hiv kissed him on the cheek my brother is not on any medication for his hiv and he was bleeding what I want to know is can my son catch hiv this way and also how dep does cut have to be and how much blood to get infected this way thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

Can you tell me more?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am ok to wait
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 days ago.

It is very, very, very unlikely that your son was infected with HIV from this exposure.

If, however, your anxiety just can't accept that then I would suggest your have your child tested for HIV.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS