neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

MRI report

Customer Question

MRI report
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ia73iyxswkjplu6/AADvkgzlubU82xOSOQtFNc6pa?dl=0
The report says:
Sagittal T1, ST1R, T2 and Axial T2-weighted sequences from the lever of T12 to S1 obtained.
Verteral alignment is satisfactory. There is mild loss of disc signal at L2/3 and L3/4 consistent with disc desiccation. There is also mild narrowing of the intervertebral disc space at L2/3. There is no focal disc protrusion. Lower lumbar facet joint osteoarthritis. There is no sign of nerve root impingement in the exiting foramania. The conus is at the level of L1.
Conclusion: No significant abnormaility.My question is about the sentence on osteoarthritis, it doesn't say NO osteoarthritis, does this mean there is?
Please only reply if you know how to run autorun on the MRI images and right-click to play auto movie which plays all images of the scan.
Expert:  neurosurg replied 6 days ago.

Hello -

The MRI only shows "normal" degeneration of the disc (it happens as we get older).

Also "normal" arthritis in the lower back.

No nerves are being pinched.

So there is no explanation for back pain or leg pain from this MRI.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 6 days ago.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
can any of those mild findings be responsible for urine incontinence?
Expert:  neurosurg replied 6 days ago.

No.