Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

What is Meniers disease, Loss of hearing in the middle and

What is Meniers disease
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Loss of hearing in the middle and inner ear.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No - in good health
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today. MENIERE'S disease is the disease of inner ear.There is a structure in the inner ear called labyrinth. Fluid builds up inside labyrinth, which holds structures that help with hearing and balance. The extra fluid interferes with the signals your brain receives, causing vertigo and hearing problems and Tinnitus.The causes of excessive fluid can be :
Poor drainage (because of blockage or an abnormal structure in your ear)
Autoimmune diseases
Allergic reaction
Viral infection
Inherited tendency
Blow to the head
Migraine headaches.
It is a progressive disease, meaning it grows worse over time. It may start slowly with episodesof hearing loss. Vertigo may develop later.
Along with the main symptoms, some people may have:
Anxiety
Blurry vision
Nausea or diarrhea
Trembling
Cold sweat and rapid pulse.
There is no cure for this disease.Management is based on improving the balance and reducing the fluid.They may include:
Anti emetics.
Diuretics
Steroid
Therapy or hearing aids and devices.
Injections
If these treatments doesn't work the surgery is also an option.
The most conservative long-term treatment for the disease involves adhering to a reduced-sodium diet.
It is difficult to predict how the disease will affect a person’s future. Symptoms can disappear one day and never return. Or they might become so severe that they are disabling.
Successfully coping with symptoms involves understanding the disease. Talking with health care providers, communicating with other people who are experiencing the same disease, and reading books and articles about the disease.
I hope it helps!
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK THE STARS on the top of your screen.
This is the only way I get compensated .
I appreciate it!